Pathways to Empower is a student workbook designed to teach brain-based mental health literacy education in an engaging and accessible way.
The workbook includes four core modules:
- Neuroscience 101 introduces the developmental stages of the brain and different systems.
- The Resilient Mindset Model explains how our brains naturally respond to challenges so we can use challenges as opportunities to build resilience.
- Brain-Based Relationships applies the science and strategies learned in the first two modules to our interactions with others.
- Mental Health Literacy covers the four goals of mental health literacy through the lens of neuroscience.
- Decreasing stigma
- Understanding how to foster and maintain positive mental health
- Understanding how to seek help effectively
- Understanding mental health disorders and their treatments
- Advocate for reducing stigma associated with emotional and mental and behavioral health
- Describe how self-harm or suicide impacts other people
- Describe laws related to minors accessing mental health care
- Identify school and community resources that can help a person with emotional, mental and behavioral health concerns